The very first day...
Well, it's 10:46 on my first day. How do I feel? Apprehensive, frightened, anxious, sick, none of the motivating feelings I felt when I was first signed off by my Doctor! How does that work? I suppose it is because the reality has set in and I have 'consumed' my first shake!
Raspberry it was but before we go into that, a little bit about last night...
Arrived at 6 there were 9 of us, did I mention it is always same sex, as the men do things slightly different. J got us to talk to each other while we were weighed, measured (ha!) and had our before photographs taken... I was pleased I was head to foot in black. I need to get away from the hiding in black idea, it's just an illusion that I look 10 stone when I'm in black, especially as we had to have our photograph taken from the side as well..
We were given an opportunity to ask questions and watched a DVD, which answered most of our concerns I think. (had to stop, another sip of water). We're like a water wheel apparently and need to constantly be re watered.
All in all the class was fine, the people were nice and I spoke mostly to two of the members of the group who were very friendly! After J gave us our 'goody bag', goody bag to me is full of cake and sweets and biscuits and chocolate!! Goody bag to J is food packs, more food packs, a water bottle and lemon (magnet for the fridge). Off we went our separate ways until Monday 17:30, our first stop off to get weighed and the remainder of our food packs.
When I got home (via the Indian take away...) Chris was waiting for me full of apprehension and full of energy after returning from his run..... In the kitchen there was a bunch of lovely spring flowers and a card. It was the loveliest card with good luck and a hand made black cat on the front. Inside was an extremely inspiring message full of support, it made my day, he's so lovely and I'm so pleased we're getting married (visual picture in my head of having to be rolled down the aisle if I continue to put on weight)...I need to do this, if not only for myself but for Chris and I, as I'm not the most active person and losing weight and getting fit would make me just that!!
Back to this morning, did I tell you I had purchased a flask and whisk? Well I did anyway from Argos, so I set to work with my first pack, put the mixture into a bowl with the required amount of water, put my whisk on 5 and turbo and off it went. Certainly smelt nice anyway.
6 minutes later there were still lumps, which surprisingly when drunk tasted like raspberry cake mixture, the remainder of the liquid tasted a bit like milk shake, which I hate.
On a positive note, it has been 'consumed' and the first one is over, it says in the book to maybe mix it into a paste first, I will do that with my vegetable one for lunch. It's weird to think it is Friday and I'm not planning what to have for our meal tonight.
Today I have an office day so had better channel some energy into the mountainous pile of work I have beside me!!!
That's all for now, I'll keep you posted ..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home