Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Day Sixty One...



Hi,
I have just counted my days back and think I got confused with the days along the way! Anyway, I am onto Day 61 today. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a few days, Chris and I went camping in Pooley Bridge in the Lake District at the weekend to get away from it all for a bit and try and relax! We had a nice time however at 1am on the second night, the tent collapsed with the wind! The picture on the right is of the space where the tent once was, we had to bunk into Shaun and Dianes tent for the night!! Hmmm so much for buying a tent from Ebay. I enjoyed camping though, it is definitely something I would do again, just with a more sturdy tent! We only stayed two nights but it was enough to get a feel for it. As you can see I kept nice and cosy with my hat and lots of layers of clothes. I couldn't believe Chris and his friend Shaun went into the lake on Saturday with their wet suits.. it was freezing. I stayed nice and warm in the 'sitting room' of the tent.
Sunday was Chris' Birthday, he was 28! God, it makes me feel old, I can't wait until he is 30 something and I can say we are both in our 30's. We had a BBQ on Sunday for his Birthday, we got back from camping at 11 and he spend most of the day with his family after opening his presents. The BBQ was lovely and eveyone pitched in by supplying food and helping with the cooking leaving me with little to do, thanks for that!! Thanks Mr. Fix It (AKA Dad) for your endless patience with setting up the BBQ and patio heater and gazebo and everything else!! Oh and for getting the tent back in the bag.. what a challenge!
So I suppose I should get onto the diet bit considering that is what the blog is about afterall. For three days I increased my calorie intake to 1000 from approximately 700 (hence the cooking of my fat free organic burgers on our camping stove) and thankfully I was the same weight Sunday, I am also still in Ketosis so we will just have to see on Thursday if there was any damage caused overall! I'm back to basics again from today however have found it really hard after increasing my intake for three days, it's amazing how quickly your body gets used to that extra 'fuel'.
So.. today is Tuesday, I had my follow up at the Doctors today. I didn't feel too good last night and I was up through the night ill, needless to say I didn't sleep very much so I stayed off all day today and after further examination from the Doctor he has signed my off sick until next Monday. I am however, determined to go back on Monday as I need to get back to a routine and things need to return to normal I think for me to feel properly better.

Thanks for all of the support over my last two posts, thanks Lisa Marie and Auntie Eileen for printing out my entire blog and catching up, thank you Gemma, Lesley, Cath, Chris (mars), Melanie, E and Mrs (whose blog my pc will still not let me comment on however I am reading)! It makes a huge difference knowing people keep up to date as it forces me to consider just how I would explain going off the rails! Thanks also to those of you who keep reading, Mam, Dad, Louise, Helen Linzi, Meechel and Jane. John do you still pop in on occasions??

Anyway back to the blog, as I lost my Birthday post on 1st May I just wanted it noted that I still lost 2 and a half, two days after my Birthday at my weigh in and I was very pleased with myself!!! I got some lovely present off my family and Chris (my lovely fiance in case I never mentioned) bought me sat nav to stop me getting lost, being flashed by cameras, parking illegally and running out of petrol. It's amazing what one little machine can do!
The picture on the left is of me and my friend Claire and the one just above is me and my Mam on my Birthday, (notice the glass of water in front of me).
Well I'm exhausted now after all of the blogging, Chris is playing on the PS3 and I'm off for an early night..cos I'm knackered and have a rather dodgy stomach, if you're still reading thank you very much and I look forward to keeping you posted :o)

6 Comments:

Blogger chrismars said...

Sorry to laugh, Claire, but a collapsed tent....heeheehee.

You sound very upbeat in this post. I hope your tummy will settle fast and you DO get back to work next Monday, as you want to.

Happy Birthday to Chris for Sunday. You little cradle-snatcher you!!

I'm glad to hear you're still in ketosis (I'm not now) and that the diet you're following is working. Keep us posted of any fabulous recipes you concoct.

Keep well, Claire.

Chris x

9 May 2007 at 07:47  
Blogger Lesley said...

Hi Claire - loved the camping post. There must be something in the air. D has said out of the blue that he wants to go camping with me and the dog sometime this summer. I'm quite up for it as it means a weekend away without all the expense and booking. Think we'll go to Anglesey as we've only passed through and our friends recommend it highly.

You're doing very well on this brave new regime you've invented. Keep it up. I hope you feel properly better soon and can get back to work next week as planned.

And, you're looking lovely in the birthday photos!

Lesley x

9 May 2007 at 09:49  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Claire,
I've just read your blog from the beginning and you have done so well, its a shame you cant stay on LL but at the same time, if what you are doing keeps you healthy and you continue to lose then you are a winner all round!

You go girl!!
Karen x

9 May 2007 at 10:47  
Blogger Melanie said...

Wow, that looks like such good fun. I'd love to go camping, takes me back to my childhood when that was the only kind of holiday's I knew. Although I don't think our tent ever collapsed! lol.


Well done for keeping up so well with your dieting, and keeping in ketosis too, must be a good feeling and seems to be keeping you positive and on the right track.

Take care,
Mel x

9 May 2007 at 12:39  
Blogger Spider said...

Dude

I know how dearly you love work (!) but don't hurry back. Get yourself sorted first cos no-one will give you any medals for going back too early.

Camping looked like fun. I love the lakes. So tempted to come up soon, but no work sojourns to Carlisle any more. :(

Tell Chris happy birthday, and remind him of our existence.

Much love and hugs,
your pal.

9 May 2007 at 20:04  
Blogger . said...

Oh dear - tent collapsing in the middle of the night isn't good ... funny for us though :)

I love camping - Ste bought this great big tent with 3 bedrooms and we did go loads the other year but last year we didn't even go once ;(

Sounds like you had a great trip and the photos are really good. Glad to hear that you're feeling brighter --- stick with your diet cos you're doing great!

Cath
x

10 May 2007 at 22:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home