Day Two...
So, I had my Raspberry for breakfast which to be honest I would be happy never to have again.. I had chicken at about 14:30, which was like a cup-a soup with a pasty after taste and then I had thai chilli at about 18:30, which is definitely my favorite so far. It's weird because one of the girls in the class asked for lots of raspberry specifically because she had tasted it and it was lovely, I suppose we will all have different tastes. The good news is I didn't really feel hungry until 22:15. I couldn't believe the size of the shakes/soups thou, you only have 200ml in total, it's about half a mug full..
We decided to go to the cinema to take my mind off things and I took my litre bottle of water. As Chris is trying to be really healthy whilst I am doing Lighter Life, he only had a drink so as not to tempt me with popcorn or sweets. The film, Music & Lyrics with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant was good fun, very much a chick flick but Chris did laugh a few times throughout. I caught sight of my reflection from the back in the loos which always happens in the cinema and for once I thought well at least I'm trying to do something about it!
We got home at 22:40 and I had my last pack, chocolate this time, a colleague of mine advised that I stir 50ml of water into it and it goes like a mousse. I did and it was a bit like cocoa powder and water which was ok actually and if you have a sweet tooth, it helps.. I think saying it's like a mousse is wishful thinking however..
Went to bed unusually tired at 23:30, considering I drink between 2 - 4 litres of diet coke a day usually, I think it is maybe helping me sleep giving it up! My Doc said I would suffer withdrawal from the diet coke and I think the blinding headache I experienced at 20:00 was due to that, a couple of paracetamols and I felt much better.
I managed to drink 5 and a half litres of water and I found that quite easy! I feel my concentration went quicker than usual and I feel quite weak, as long as I do not get any more side effects I should be fine..
So it's now 22:33 on my second day, today has been much harder, I got up feeling great actually and did two and a half hours of work. We then met Chris' Brother and future Sister-in-law for a drink at the quayside in Newcastle, I had one and a half litres of water and drove and they drank which I didn't mind at all, what I found extremely difficult was when they decided to have lunch in the pub, steak and chips and pasta and stuff, great!! I sat with my water and said I had had some soup so wasn't hungry. Chirs was very sweet and was not going to have any lunch so I told him not to be silly and have some and he had a caesar salad and when he went to the loo he sent a text to my phone saying he loved me and that he was really proud of me. It was difficult watching them eat. That I think was my first challenge!
So, I've had four shakes, the vegetable is quite nice but the vanilla and caramel are dire... Never mind. We have been to my parents this evening and my Cousin and Uncle were there. That took my mind off things for a bit as I have been extremely hungry this evening and said to Chris that I thought I couldn't do it at about 20:30 tonight. He was very supportive and I was a bit snappy in response, I left him downstairs making his ready meal and had a long bubble bath with candles, my virgin vie new oil burner and my new book.
I feel very tired and a bit not with it like I have no energy which I'm slighly worried about because I have lots to do at work next week and two days worth of courses to run!
I'm sure things will get better, I need to think of the reasons I'm doing this in the first place... Off to bed soon, I'll keep you posted. Good night :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home