Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Day One...

Hello

Rather than do a post just tonight I thought it may help to write half way through the day. At the lighter life classes you are encouraged to write thought records about how you are feeling so here goes!! Oh.. just before I do thanks Lindsay, Michelle, Zoe, Claire and Sarah for your comments/emails. It really spurred me on this morning. This morning I have been doing 'office' work and I'm leaving shortly to go to the Sunderland store to run a contact lens course until 9pm so in a way it is probably a good day to start. My first real worry is about the fibre.. I must get at least 20 grams of fibre or alternative so at the moment I will either do a full days lighter life with movocol then a day with a small bowl of high fibre bran or a bit of chicken with cabbage. So that is my first real worry, besides the fact that psychologically I don't feel like I can do this for a second time but we'll see. Apparently (so the girls said in the class last night) it is 10 times harder the second time as you don't have all of the initial feelings of the unknown and excitement you had originally as you know what to expect!!

I have drank 2 and a half litres of water and had a mushroom pack which surprisingly was nicer than I remembered!! It must have been the drops of tabasco sauce!

Anyway, enough.. here are my thought records:

"I'm getting married in 8 months time and I think that I will not be as happy as I could be if I am not weighing 10 stone something!"

"So that I don't dread visiting stores with three flights of stairs.. I need to do just a bit of exercise to make me fitter"

"The 15 pounds that I have gained since my last 'diet' has made me stop and think..from a congnitive behavioral therapy side of things I have not been physically hungry during this time just emotionally, i.e. ate for pleasure, when stressed, to be social, because it tasted nice, because it is a pastime, not really for the real reason we should eat and that is to live... not live to eat - so I need to put the fork down, put less in my mouth and move away from 'fat land' which is what we learnt about in class last night!"

In fat land there would be the following shops/places to eat:

Evans
Ann Harvey
Bon Marche
M&S (the larger bit)
McDonalds
Scalinis
The Dragon Inn
Pizza Hut
Greggs
The cookie jar
Luis (Italian restaurant that I love in Jesmond)
Thorntons
The scooter shop (which is what I will need to get around if I keep eating at this rate)

You get the message.. I need to be living in healthy land, I could quite happily never visit fat land again!!

That's all for now. Here's hoping I come back from Sunderland tonight and have been good! The supervisor is ordering all of the staff pizzas and Mcdonalds and drinks for their course! First challenge of the day I reckon.

Thank you for reading, I'll keep you posted :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger JaneB said...

consider this your last comment of support as you FAILED to mention the fact that i left you a comment on your last blog as well!
p.s is that a buddhist saying i spy??
p.p.s you spelt cognitive wrong
p.p.p.s i'm sending you lots of telepathic happiness thoughts and positivity thoughts

14 November 2007 at 17:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully I'll get this right this time and leave you a comment!
You are an absolute superstar and can do anything you put your mind to.
You are already a beautiful person inside and out so anything extra is a bonus!
Z.xx

14 November 2007 at 20:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings, I read yesterdays today at lunch time and tried to leave a comment then but somehow it has got lost! i'm pleased you are back again as I kept checking and no disrespect but got sick of keep seeing the picture from the last post before you started again! Anyway my dear onwards and upwards, remain upbeat and buoyant at all times and i'm sure you'll do very well. just look at how lush you look on those pics you have on Facebook then imagine how you'd look if you lost even more weight - like a bloody model!!
PS when you find a way to Slimland can I come please? lots of love LMB XXX

14 November 2007 at 21:42  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home