Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Race for Life

Me and Chris

Well today is Tuesday and I went to my class last night and to my dismay put 7 ounces on!! Oh deary me. It must have been all the muscle weighing heavy after Sunday.. So bad news aside, I did the race for life on Sunday, three miles in 48 minutes 57 seconds, which for a large lady... isn't bad going! I have included photos as evidence..
I was quite happy.. and raised £200 in the process..(see right a shot of me actually running... Good God!) I found it quite exciting actually, that was the first time I have crossed a finish line since I was 14 in Cross Country and that was not quite so exciting as I used to cheat and miss out the school field, and join those who had done the field hoping they wouldn't tell on me! Anyone who knows me well will remember that when my Dad had had a few too many, I used to persuade him to write me a series of notes excusing me from P.E due to tonsilitus.. My teachers could not believe how unlucky I was with my throat.. and so I could sit in the hall and play the piano instead, a far more worthwhile cause.. Needless to say I have never been a one for exercise, but I enjoyed the challenge of this one and it's for a great cause! Thank you to those of you who sponsored me. On the left is me with my medal, (and red face) first one ever I may add, medal that is! That's my Mam on the right, she came with my Dad (sheltering from the downpour at the bottom right) to support me with Chris (at the top of the page). They were really encouraging although my Mam was worried about how red my face was half way through... but that's a Mam's job isn't it!! My page is open stil until 22nd July so if you fancy donating a pound this is the link:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/clairesilverton

Felt very guilty about my weight gain last night so have been perfect today! I'll keep you posted :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger chrismars said...

You did it! Congratulations Claire, and in a very good time. I'm proud of you!

Don't worry about that measly 7 ounces - soon be one again.

Chris x

11 July 2007 at 11:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Claire,
sorry i've been rubbish at keeping up to date with your blog, life has just been busy busy. however i've printed off all entries since day 83 as thats where I left it. Looking forward to a good read tonight, i've also printed off Michelles. Will write back tomorrow.
Lisa X

11 July 2007 at 15:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home