Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Monday, 9 April 2007

Day Thirty... Easter Sunday


Well, I have to say today has been one of the best Easter Sundays I can remember. Chris got up early this morning and went off to Tynemouth with his friend Shaun to compete in a 6 mile run through Tyneside. (rather him than me) So, I went to pick up my Grandma and took her to Church. She does not get to Church very often so it was nice for her to go on Easter Sunday. When we got there she got the most amazing welcome from everyone. You would think God had popped in to say hello (due to my strong faith I think I can say that without it sounding blasphemous). Father Brian was there too and he made quite a fuss of my Grandma and he got the whole congregation to sing Happy Birthday to her in the Hall! Needless to say she had a lovely time. I picked Chris up from home after his run (looking full of energy I may add) and we went to my Mam and Dads for lunch. I must say at this point my Mam makes a very similar lunch at Easter to that of Christmas Day, you get the idea, turkey, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, roast potato, mashed potato, lots of vegetables including roast parsnip... and of course fabulous puddings... So , at this point I have to confess I had three slices of turkey and some of the lower calorie vegetables, i.e. sprouts, swede and carrots... I did give up three packs for this too! I know that is not the principle of the diet however felt that just for one day, I needed a little break! I also had my lemon bar after which as you can see by the puddings, I did well, I think!
Anyway, I had a lovely surprise off my Sister Louise and partner Paul who bought me a present congratulating me on the weight loss so far hence the nice shiny parcel to the right of this text:
When we were young, my Sister, Mam and Dad and I used to have a games afternoon/evening every Saturday where we would play various board games on the big table. (I then used to have sausage and chips from the fish and chip shop but I don' think we need to go into that).
My favorite game was 'Abandon Ship' by Ideal board games and we
absolutely loved to play it! So you can see to my utmost delight that the present from Louise was the original board game which is now a collectors item! What a fantastic non food present..
So, whils
t Chris and Paul played the PS3, with their hats on, 'we' played Abandon Ship. Considering it was 25 years ago, we rekindled our childhood and it was obvious who the cheaters were! Nothing changes, Dad and Louise! After a couple of games, we sounded like we were having more fun on our 25 year old board game than they were on the PS3 so Chris and Paul decided to join us.. We had great fun and it just goes to show you the old ones are the best! (games that is)
We left at around 11 after my Sister stole my knitting from me and managed to add another 7 stitches to my scarf??? She maybe a Solicitor but that would not keep her warm if she were stranded on an island with wool and needles for clothing!!

Anyway, thanks Mam and Dad for a lovely Easter...

Back to work on Tuesday...I've had a lovely break thou!!!

I'll keep you posted :o)



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Claire,

Just me (Mam) Have to say that dad and I also had a fantastic day on Sunday. It was just like old times, playing abandon ship with you and Louise. Brought back such a lot of memories. It was great when Chris and Paul joined in as well.

Very proud of how you coped on Sunday (and Friday) but you will be the winner in the long run (whilst I will look like the stuffed turkey).

Keep up the good work.

Love Mam xx

10 April 2007 at 08:42  
Blogger chrismars said...

Never heard of Abandon Ship. One we missed I think. We have loads of board games and play with friends whenever we can.

Oh, congratulations on resisting those dessertes, Claire. The tiramisu cake had me salivating!.

Chris x

10 April 2007 at 20:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home