Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Day Thirty Eight...

Hello
I have posted my last posts from my Mams house due to Internet connection problems hence the fact that I have not looked at anyone elses blog since last week! Nightmare. Anyway will be sorted once and for all on Thursday. Thanks Cath and Chris for your lovely comments and to everyone else for the support I have received recently. Thanks also Lesley for your advice re: the nasty Doctor and Sam, Steph, Oiseau Gemma and Melanie too. I know I'm going on... thanks also Mam who supports me all of the time (off air)... Anyway, will catch up with everyone on Thursday. Today is Monday and I'm sitting in my Mam and Dads office typing my post. Tomorrow I have a big meeting for 19 of the store managers in my region in Newcastle City Centre. For some unknown reason I'm really nervous. I think it is because it is the first one of 6 in 2007 and it is important that it is successful. I will be happy however when it is half past 5 and it is finished. Not even worried about the danish pastries, cakes and two course meal as I'm too nervous to eat! Weird as I don't normally get nervous. I think also that I have felt a little under the weather the last couple of days, just not myself. Anyway sure I'll live!
Chris and I are going for a sunbed and then for a walk/run. Last night we went for a walk for 30 minutes but we set a challenge to walk to the first lamp post then run to the next and so on and so forth. I was knackered when I got in and Chris wasn't even out of breath. My face was like a beetroot for an hour and a half and I had to leave the front door open for fear of cardiac arrest (we have a Doctor next door). Anyway I'm still alive and we are going to do it again tonight...
I'll keep you posted :o)

9 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I'm so proud of you for the walk/running!! That Chris is to be congratulated for keeping you company and encouraging you too!!

Like your Oscar acceptance speech - "I'd like to thank my agent..and everyone else who knows me...."

Great news about the camping and the going to meet new people too - what a change LL brings.

Good luck with the meeting tomorrow. I know what a bit of trepidation feels like but I'm sure you'll be fine. Better to be over-prepared than to assume it's going to be a breeze and then get caught out!

Take care.

Lesley x

17 April 2007 at 19:51  
Blogger Claire Elliott said...

Lesley

Thanks very much for your comment, it was just what I needed and has made me feel much better, thank you :o)

17 April 2007 at 20:45  
Blogger chrismars said...

I hope your meeting went well today. I ,just like the trip to Chris' friends house and meeting all the new people, it wasn't as bad as you feared. Our imaginations can be terrible things when they work against us. But uf we take the bit between our teeth and get on with things we are nervous about, invariabll everything works out in the end and we wonder what on earth we were worried about.

So 2 new frontiers crossed this week. and another coming up on 4th May - carry on camping, Claire!

Chris x

18 April 2007 at 17:40  
Blogger chrismars said...

I don't know what happened to the beginning of my last comment. I was trying to say, "And I hope that just like...etc"

Duh!

Chris x

18 April 2007 at 17:42  
Blogger Lesley said...

Just poppng in to see how your meeting went - I'm sure you did really well.

Take care.

Lesley x

18 April 2007 at 19:44  
Blogger Disaster Waiting to Happen said...

Well, here I am after weeks of nagging I eventually logged on and started reading thru.... dear me you talk as much virtually as you do really!!!!!! All very funny mind and I've had a good chuckle!

You're doing so brilliantly I am very proud of you (not to mention jealous - am on my way to yours with Big Mac and fries to force down your neck) so you really must keep up the good work - it's made such a huge difference already - you look fab (altho' to be fair you always did now there's just less of you to look fab) and I'm very pleased to see you've published the one photograph of me that doesn't make me look like the beast from a thousand fathoms - I think you should consider a new career as photographer of fat folk - you'd make a fortune especially when you can honestly say you don't airbrush!!!!

Anyway, I'm digressing, just wanted to say well done and how lucky you are having such wonderful support from such lovely people and you deserve it all - if you keep going there may even be another well done pressie (altho' I really think I peaked with Abandon Ship!) Anyway, I'm digressing again, well done you, I'm very proud and love you to bits (just thought I'd say that to see whether my Mam cries - bet you £5 she does) and I will see you on Friday xxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS I won't be posting again til you're 9 stone (which at this rate will probably be next week) so STOP NAGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 April 2007 at 20:32  
Blogger Mrs said...

You are doing so well. It's great to read your blog and catch up.

Keep going!

xx

19 April 2007 at 15:16  
Blogger . said...

I'm sure you'll love your camping trip, it really is great fun. I was never that keen to do it and then hubby and kids persuaded me and that was it I wanted to go all the time.

Am hoping that your meeting went well, sometimes a dose of the nerves does you the world of good.

Cath
x

20 April 2007 at 23:12  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hi Claire,

Hope the internet connection isn't letting you down still!

It's nice you're enjoying the walking, best of all it's lovely that you and Chris are walking together, it's so much more encouraging that way.

Take care,
Mel x

22 April 2007 at 18:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home