Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Sunday, 28 June 2009

Day 5 - 14

Well, busy time! Today I have been at my healthy eating regime for two weeks and have lost 3 pounds. I suppose it is a start!

Last weekend we had our Nephew Joe to stay on Saturday night. My Sister and our Niece Evie came over in the afternoon and they had a little play together they are both very cute!

On Sunday it was Father's Day so we went to my Mam and Dad's for a BBQ which was really nice.

After an office day Monday, I went away to Malvern with work. Flew to Birmingham 06:55 Tuesday and then an hour from there to Malvern (where the lovely water is from however ironically they ran out at the hotel... funny). It was quite poignant at the airport because about 60 troops came in from Afghanistan and it was really emotional, the public all gave them a standing ovation and their partners and family were waiting for them. I was with another 4 RDM's and we joined in the applause. Very sad really, but we welcomed them home along with everyone else!

It was funny because at the airport we were chauffeur driven to our destination and the man was standing with a card with my name on. I have always wanted to walk off a plane and have a man standing with that ha ha! So much so I took a picture of him!

Anyway, good week away. We had a team building day at Eastnor Castle (renowned for where Davina McCall got married). The day was excellent however my highlight was the zipwire. We had to climb 100ft up through the castle which incorporated two very slim ladders and being pulled through a hole!! Then zipwire 100ft down over the river. Very exciting. The rest of the day was good too we did all sorts of things. We came 2/5 so I was happy with that. Got loads of exercise too. We had a masquerade ball on the evening and ate in the castle. A good time was had by all. Unfortunately I was a bit poorly from around 4 on the Thursday and had a really high temperature and severe abdominal pain which didn't really go until Saturday afternoon. My temperature dropped quite a bit Friday but we decided to cancel our night away Saturday as I still felt a bit crap.

So I did quite well really with the food thing, I think it must have been all of the exercise as well that helped. I know 3 pounds is not a huge amount but it really is a start as I am so not in the right frame of mind.

So... this weekend. Had a night in with Chris Friday, we had smash and chicken as I still didn't feel too good. Saturday we went to Stocksfield for Chris to do his sphering experience which was really funny. I was supposed to be doing it with him but felt a bit crap still so observed, filmed and laughed as he screamed his way down the hill in a massive ball. Funny!! We then went to Hexham and popped into my favourite food shop Waitrose. Bought some nice seafood and had crab, prawns and risotto for tea. Louise, Evie my Mam and Dad popped over and it was lovely to see them all. Evie does lots of things now and it is really funny to watch her.

We had a lovely night in especially as I was feeling much better, we watched Slumdog Millionaire, recommended by Michellle and Louise, which we really enjoyed.

After 11 hours sleep we got up and did some sorting. We spend a good 5 hours tidying and sorting things. In the words of Mrs Muckle, tidy house, tidy mind.. or something like that but mind it works. I also managed so save another 85 ladybirds from the grass... long story will elaborate tomorrow!!

So.... got rid of lots of things and managed to replace all of the light bulbs that were out too. Going to try and do some more sorting this week. We are going to have to have a car boot sale in the next few weeks as we have so much stuff we don't need it is ridiculous.

We are supposed to be going to The Celtic Manor next Saturday for the 25th Anniversary Specsavers Ball however I think with my current health, we are going to give it a miss as it is about a 6 hours drive.

Well, three store visits and two courses this week so no rest for the wicked as they say. I am currently in bed listening to BB in the background. Chris is asleep next to me with his knees up, looks very funny!

Well, I'm off. Really hoping I will be good this week, even if I lost a pound I would be happy. Not asking too much.

I'll keep you posted :o)


2 Comments:

Blogger mmuckle said...

Woo hoo, well done, 3lbs is definately a start and a good one at that.
Well Done!!! x x x

3 July 2009 at 09:25  
Blogger Lesley said...

Keep it up Madam. It sounds like you're being a bit more controlled and getting your mindset right. You have to make healthy eating your norm rather than an effort of will.

Good luck and keep it up.

Hope your health is back on an even keel.

Lesley x

1 August 2009 at 14:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home