Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Tuesday, 20 March 2007

Day Twelve...

Well, what a lovely surprise I got coming in from work, 7 comments on my blog, thank you very much, I can't believe how supported I feel!!!
Thanks also Linzi Dee for your encouraging words - (girl who said 4 weeks tops - in jest of course) I hope now that I know it was reverse psychology that it still forces me to prove you wrong! You know me too well. You will have to try some reverse psychology regarding the exercise to see if I can match your 8 miles a day... well maybe 8 minutes to start off with.
So..... funny day really, got up and if I can be graphic, had a little loo problem. I have a condition surrounding that area already and to be frank today was back to the same old pre LL routine which forced me to be stuck in the bathroom for nearly an hour. Plays havoc when you need to be on the road. Needless to say, hot and bothered later, I left for work in a rush with only my bar for food. Got to the store three hours ten minutes later, 52 miles. Traffic worse than I can ever remember due to snow blizzards, I saw 7 bumps on the way. Does it make me strange that I counted?
Anyway, got to store and had a bit of a challenge when I microwaved the first half of my bar at lunch time, the Manager of the store who is a nice lad, completely took the p*ss out of me for what I was eating (the quantity) and offered to share his baguette whilst laughing and encouraging others to join in! He meant it all in jest however had to laugh it off with them as there was no way I was going to cheat. I had the other half at 4 with 7 other people in the staff room and I tried hard to divert the conversation to overcoming racism in Britain and the Avon catalogue!
It seemed to work, not sure I'd advise it however. So got home at half 7, one and a half litres of water later (poor show) and 125 calories consumed, I was bloody starving. I put two packs together and had a bowl of soup, but strangely I feel a bit bloated and don't think I want my last pack.
Chris is downstairs doing the dishes and I have been reading my journal that we received in class along with a hessian (is that how you say it) lime green handled bag. Hm mm certainly not a fashion statement so why we got it I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong if I get to goal I'll cut it into bits to cover the essentials and run down the street naked, so it may come in handy, just not yet.
Tomorrow I'm at a meeting all day at Scotch Corner, about 55 miles from home, fingers crossed the weather won't be too bad. Not sure how it's going to be as I'm planning on taking my flask and not sure if the restaurant will be too pleased. Oh well shy bairns get nowt (as the geordies say) It means if I remain shy and don't ask then I shouldn't expect (translation).
I'll keep you posted :o/
Just one thing, my Uncle advised me to get a good pair of trainers so I went on the asics website as advised, completed the questionaire about the usage and found a pair my size for sale on ebay, exactly the same. They cost £75 on their website and I've just won them online for £30 including postage, great eh? I must start walking now, I really have no excuse..

4 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Well done on the trainers - hope they get some use....!

20 March 2007 at 22:04  
Blogger . said...

You're right on the trainers front - now you've got them you have no excuse!.... Saying that I bought a pair that cost me £70 and they lived in a lovely brown box they came in for about 3 months.... though you have to learn from my mistakes and use yours.

Sounds like an awful journey to work you had, we've not had much snow up here in Lovely Lancashire and what we have had hasn't stuck.

You drive safely tomorrow and keep supping that water.

Cath
x

20 March 2007 at 22:08  
Blogger Melanie said...

Please...post photo's of you running down wearing that green bag and your new trainers when you get down to target weight.

That could be a hen night challenge!

Take care,
Mel x

20 March 2007 at 22:55  
Blogger Steph said...

Just caught up with your blog, well done on your weight loss so far, that's amazing.

I go for my weigh in tonight and to stock up on new bars, think I'll get a lemon bar and try and make them biscuits.

Good luck with the walking, I always find the hardest part is getting out the front door, but once I'm on my way I'm alright lol.

21 March 2007 at 11:47  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home