Here's to a fitter and healthier 2010...

I lost 3 stone in 2007 in preparation for my wedding but find myself starting 2010 and that weight has found me again!! I am beginning my journey on Monday 8th March to see if it can be lost and maybe won't find me again this time!!

Monday, 19 March 2007

Day Nine...

Well, today is actually Monday that I'm writing this however thought I would update you as to what went on on Saturday....

So, got up and went for a 'restyle' at my hairdresser and treated myself to some new conditioner with my regular shampoo! Doesn't sound too exciting but in the spirit of trying to substitute food as a treat, it was quite exciting..
Later we dropped into my Sisters and then went shopping in the metro centre for Chris a new suit from M&S. Normally we would browse the food department for at least an hour and buy lovely food for the evening meal.. It was strange walking by and not buying anything, Chris bought a pre pack sandwich and took the shopping to the car, alone, so I did not have to watch him eat it. I found myself quite hungry in the afternoon which made me not quite as happy as usual. The thing that really did cheer me up was, at 18:50, 10 minutes before it closed, I went to Wallis just to have a look and low and behold, bought an orange top I had tried on 2 weeks previous to find that it no longer 'hugged' my larger bits.. (for want of a better description). I also bought a lovely necklace to match. I felt much better after a bit of retail therapy and decided to wear it for Mothers Day.
I find the mornings really easy, until say 1 or 2. The most difficult part is definitely 5 onwards but I suppose that is the case in any diet. We rented a DVD, Chris' choice, Borat (or however you spell it). It was stupid and therefore didn't take my mind off food!! So went to bed later feeling hungry...

3 Comments:

Blogger chrismars said...

I find the mornings easy and the evenings difficult, but that was the same before LL/CD. I was always itching for a snack come the evening, even though I'd had a quite wholesome dinner. I'm sure it's just conditioning (no, not the one that goes with your shampoo!) and it will get easier as you move further into ketosis. How about have a bar, but cut it in half and eat it in 2 sittings?

Congratulations on avoiding the lure of the M&S food hall. Not an easy thing to do, I know.

Chris

19 March 2007 at 18:18  
Blogger . said...

I'm an evening snacker too so I do know what you mean when you say it's worse from 5 onwards. I've started eating my last pack at around 7 and then having the bar or some chocolates made from the choc shake and that gets me through the evening quite nicely. Though my lot have all just been eating banoffee tart which really doesn't help matters but I'd rather they had that than the cheese and wine :)

You're doing brilliantly Claire - and it's excellent news about your top .... here's where your shopping bills go up!

Cath
x

19 March 2007 at 20:28  
Blogger Melanie said...

The evenings are always tough, during the day it's easy to distract from food and concentrate on work or other things, but especially in the cold dark nights, it's hard not to think of food.

Hopefuly with the summer coming and the more your body adjusts to the diet, it will become easier.

You're doing really well staying strong through the tummy grumbles though.

Stay focussed...x

20 March 2007 at 22:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home