Day Thirteen...
Well.. they say unlucky for some.. today I'm finding it hard. Not for a second until I got home at 16:00. I got to work in an hour and fifteen, drank fizzy water (2 litres) with the fotf water flavouring. The other three people in the meeting had sandwiches and chips and noodles and stuff. I took my flask and had two packets of vegetable soup. It was still hot! I know it's supposed to keep it hot but I was still surprised, I don't use flasks really. Got home after a quick stop off and even though I have a ton of work to do tonight, I'm at a loose end. There is plenty needs doing in the house but I think I fancy a bit of shopping. As well as giving up diet coke and food I have given up supermarket shopping. Considering I worked in Supermarkets for 12 years before Specsavers I think there may be a slight addiction there. I need cat food as well and more water.. Think I'll pop to ASDA and avoid the nice bits. I suppose it might keep me occupied. It's salsa tonight at 19:45 so that will keep my mind off. I just feel hungry today, like I fancy my Mams Sunday Lunch..with parsnips and swede........................................... just imagining. For those of you who know, it didn't work like the lemon trick!
So before I mention any more food (which is a cardinal sin in the sessions), I will pop to ASDA and buy Chris something for tea as well. I will check in later :)

4 Comments:
I've been trying to avoid supermarket shopping too, Claire. It was easy when I had the flu the other week as John just popped into Asda on his way home from work. But as I'm now more or less 'recovered' it's back to Tesco for the normal Sunday shop - awful! awful! awful!
We'll have to purchase a pair of blnkers each so that we only see what we're going in to buy and don't get tempted by all the 'nasty goodies'.....lol
Enjy salsa-ing this evening -Good Exercise!!
Chris xx
I haven't been in a supermarket once since I started on LL, thank God! But then hardly went in anyway. I find you spend so much more in supermarkets and we dfinitely wasted more. I prefer my local shops (a la League of gentle - for local people!!). but it is more time consuming so only worth it if have a good selection nearby.
Still, you can't beat it for a bit of cheap-ish retail therapy and you'll probably find some sort of clothing or non-food based treat to make you feel good!!
Have fun and keep it up!
I love buying little treats for myself, things like cosmetics, or a magazine, or some fancy hair stuff. It makes me feel like I'm rewarding myself, but at least it's in a possitive way.
Go treat yourself to something frivolous.
I do find that when shopping I do mine online with Tesco, I'm less tempted by niceties then. I go online, pick the stuff I need, give it a final once over at the checkout stage, hey presto it's delivered to my door. No temptation to order stuff I don't need whereas it's too easy to throw things in the trolly.
Keep up the good work, it's tough being in situations like at work, when you're forced to watch others scoffing, just remember, it's situations like that which makes us stronger!
Have fun at salsa.
Mel x
Hope your salsa was fun - I'd love to join something like that but I'd need to find a right foot first!
I don't mind supermarkets - but like Mel I do find that I buy myself something all the time; magazines, cd, books .... this dieting is costing me a fortune (but it's worth it).
Cath
x
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home