Day One
Well... I have been having a look back at my blog from 2007 and strangely enough my start date for lighter life was 8th March!!! Spooky.
So.. my plan this time is to do the Cambridge plan in conjunction with a meal. As I had problems with lighter life, I am introducing a meal this time to encourage a healthier option. My Cousin Michelle started last week and lost 4lbs in 5 days which is fantastic so I am using her experience for motivation. I am also going to TRY to incorporate a bit of exercise too however we shall see!!
So.. I have a busy week ahead with many challenges:
Monday - Office day
Tuesday - Hexham store visit then drive to Birmingham
Wednesday - Managers seminar and drive home from Birmingham
Thursday - Office day
Friday - Middlesbrough store visit and the dreaded 'Friday night'
Saturday - Claire Kennedy's Birthday night out
Sunday - Mother's Day
However if I put off any longer I will never start as there is always a challenge on the horizon. I have 7 weeks and 1 day until we go to Portugal. Chris and I are staying in an apartment the same as we did for a week last year and my Mam, Dad, Louise Paul and Evie are staying about 15 minutes away! I have posted some pics above for motivation!!!So.. it's Monday morning and if I am honest I have not one ounce of motivation to do this but as I always say to Michelle, it is one day at a time. I can think of at least 30 reasons why being overweight is just so demoralising and not one reason why losing weight is not a good idea! This blog is going to be long in the first instance so I am sure this will not be my only post today!!
As always, I'll keep you posted :o)
Well I'm back, 'lunch time' getting slowly and surely through my tasks for the day. It is definitely the evenings that I struggle the most with so the fact that things are going well so far is of course obviously firstly cos it's early days... and secondly the fact that I don't really struggle too much until night time!! So I have had my first soup, chicken and mushroom not too bad however I think I had reasonable expectations of the taste! I have also had 1 litre of water, I think that is just starting to soak up the wine I consumed yesterday!!!! Will check in later :o)
Well a few hours down, have had my second pack, spicy tomato which is much nicer than the chicken and mushroom and resembles a tomato cup a soup so that's good. I have bought some fizzy water too to put the flavouring in that she gave me on Friday. It is fine really, could do with some food colouring in however as it resembles movocol!!!
Anyway, 2 litres of water down and 2 packs down and I don't feel too bad. Replacing my third pack with a chicken breast and some vegetables which comes to the same amount of calories as the bar. Thank you Chris and Ms Coils for your comments, they are much appreciated.
I had Elise, Liam and Cery's staying over on Saturday night, they were all very good and Elise was going to bed with her Roald Dahl book, she has the set, all of the latest edition with the new fronts, which was something she was very proud of and she said what are you reading tonight Claire and I said Oh I'm not sure I might not read tonight and she said well how will you get to sleep then, she is very funny and reads more than most adults I know. Anyway, long story but I have bought a book as I think it will both help me sleep and take my mind off the diet it is by Danielle Steel in the book chart so we shall see.

I still have a lot to do before I go to Birmingham tomorrow so that's all for now.. will keep you posted...
Well it's 19:23, watching 24 with Chris, had my chicken so that's 585 calories and three liters of water. Going to pack now, have had a shower and washed my hair and we're going to bed for 9!! I'll post tomorrow, that's if I manage to get to bed without stealing Chris' creme egg out of the fridge :o)
Well I'm back, 'lunch time' getting slowly and surely through my tasks for the day. It is definitely the evenings that I struggle the most with so the fact that things are going well so far is of course obviously firstly cos it's early days... and secondly the fact that I don't really struggle too much until night time!! So I have had my first soup, chicken and mushroom not too bad however I think I had reasonable expectations of the taste! I have also had 1 litre of water, I think that is just starting to soak up the wine I consumed yesterday!!!! Will check in later :o)
Well a few hours down, have had my second pack, spicy tomato which is much nicer than the chicken and mushroom and resembles a tomato cup a soup so that's good. I have bought some fizzy water too to put the flavouring in that she gave me on Friday. It is fine really, could do with some food colouring in however as it resembles movocol!!!
Anyway, 2 litres of water down and 2 packs down and I don't feel too bad. Replacing my third pack with a chicken breast and some vegetables which comes to the same amount of calories as the bar. Thank you Chris and Ms Coils for your comments, they are much appreciated.
I had Elise, Liam and Cery's staying over on Saturday night, they were all very good and Elise was going to bed with her Roald Dahl book, she has the set, all of the latest edition with the new fronts, which was something she was very proud of and she said what are you reading tonight Claire and I said Oh I'm not sure I might not read tonight and she said well how will you get to sleep then, she is very funny and reads more than most adults I know. Anyway, long story but I have bought a book as I think it will both help me sleep and take my mind off the diet it is by Danielle Steel in the book chart so we shall see.

I still have a lot to do before I go to Birmingham tomorrow so that's all for now.. will keep you posted...
Well it's 19:23, watching 24 with Chris, had my chicken so that's 585 calories and three liters of water. Going to pack now, have had a shower and washed my hair and we're going to bed for 9!! I'll post tomorrow, that's if I manage to get to bed without stealing Chris' creme egg out of the fridge :o)


6 Comments:
I know you can do this, and I will always be here to support you. Just keep thinking of that lovely appartment in the sun.
Love you
Chris
x x x
I'd say try not to see it as a 'diet' as they are doomed to fail as you feel like you are denying yourself. See it as a healthier eating plan and don't beat yourself up if you have a naughty day. Just get back into it.
You know you can do it, you've done it before but it has to be a long term thing. Don't get complacent when you get near the weight you want to be. The hardest part is keeping it off, not getting it off.
I aim to lose a stone and a half myself so I will be with you all the way. Good luck!
Baby steps........
Buddy.
I hope the creme egg remained in the fridge. ;)
It's a life style change buddy, and I know you can do it if you put your mind to it.
Good luck, lots of love and big hugs.
Your pal.
The cream egg is gone! x
Hi Claire, come on Mrs you can do it, just think of that shopping spree you can treat yourself to before your holls. It is always how i will look in clothes that motivates me. Break it down into small chunks and buy yourself something nice once every goal is reached. You've got that wonderful beach and nice walks not far from you so as the nights get lighter start off with some nice brisk walking!! Listen to me I think I should practice what i preach!!!! ha ha see you Saturday dear,probably 5 lbs lighter after you've had a good week, you see there is nearly half a stone!! LMB X
Yoo Hoo, Come on Clara, you can do this. First day is over, it just gets easier from now :o) x x
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home